View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Already bookmarked that Frank! Its fun to watch locals eyes glaze over remembering their Totegotes in their youth. They were quite popular in the early 60s as a ready built way to get to hunting areas and such. They were heavily marketed to the hunters. But they proved to be as much fun as they were workhorses. I'm not from Utah, nor am I of the local faith, but someone jokingly told me if I get the thing running and use it, it almost makes me a native... I've already got plans to build a slide in rack for the trailer receiver on the Jeep so I can take it places.

Wow, 4 banger, 35s, 4 speed and 2.73 gears? A wonder it even got rolling! I never understood putting the 4 in the CJ7. On our Ranger 4x4, its got the 2.3 liter 4 with a 5 speed. On the 31" tires it does great around town and on the trails. But the highway, its doing good to make it 80. 65 nets around 28 MPG when I was driving it to work daily though(through a mountain pass 50 miles each way), and that is even with the 6" lift and flat front these things have. So the next phase for the Ranger is a set of 33" tires and a move to 4.56 gears. I'd prefer 4.88 but they aren't made for the rear axle we are using.