View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
bobstad
Art is the means whereby.

Wink Sorry; my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
...and had difficulty following the post.
Funny,

I've got an on-going difficulty expressing myself, where the conceptualizations as experienced via my thoughts, are translated into print in effort at communication with others.

I do this because of a feeling I'm interesting and worthy, and perhaps unusual.

As a writer, I'd been first mentored by world famous hobo journalist, writer, publisher and printer John Patric I worked part of the summer of '67 for when I was fifteen; around that time commenting of himself in his weekly single sheet newspaper THE SATURDAY EVENING FREE PRESS that "my sole ambition at the age of 68 is to become the world's greatest general nuisance."

More recently about ten years ago I discovered novelist and poet Malcolm Lowry and his posthumously published book OCTOBER FERRY TO GABRIOLA I fell in love with, the only book I've ever read so enjoyably I reread the whole thing all over again without putting it down I've done twice now.

This is a book where often a person has to resort to an unabridged dictionary six times in a single page, and where one chapter is a very long single sentence, but there is always a feeling of economy of expression rather than flaunting of vocabulary or other writing skills; which leaves me at least feeling very rewarded for my time spent.(Lowry's UNDER THE VOLCANO is considered universally as one of the 20th century's greatest novels, the very autobiographical book about the last day of a tragic alcoholic's life in Mexico where he is murdered at the end)

I'm a person given both the experiences and skills, sort of, to be a writer. Yet have to work hard to make a product both inclusive of my insights that also communicates well.(J. R. R. Tolkien of THE HOBBIT and LORD OF THE RINGS fame, was supposed to be practically indescipherable to his students he taught at Oxford as one of the dons there; who for a more public consumption evidently learned to clean up his act)

I'm doing this as a learning process as I go along; living on disability/SSI from ramifications of congenital and juvenile spinal disease. Which helps me to maintain and/or develop self-esteem from sharing what I believe are fundamental insights not often proffered in a global society greatly in need of mental liberation from often millennially contrived systems of mind control; once perhaps necessary now becoming rapidly and painfully ever more obsolete.