Thread: Just a rant
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit View Post
I can only say I've seen the fourth part. As a gas station attendant, I hear the most complaining from the big truck drivers, and only about 1/500 have any mud on them. I'd say 1/100 is carrying a load, and 1/1000 is hauling more of a load than my car can handle.

I also admit to HATING it when people say they "Need" a truck. I have hauled couch's home with my car, no problem, and I have gone through more mud, snow, and sand with my cars than anyone I know with a truck has.

(Proof Attached)
Cool, another a-body owner. A-bodies are definitely workhorses. I put a class 2 hitch on my 6000 wagon and hauled a 5x8 enclosed trailer for years. Theyre great in snow. I used the wagon to move many of my friends stuff, plus my own when in college. A heavy sleeper love seat fit just fine, alongside an entertainment center. Drivetrain is bulletproof. I even plow snow with one 6000 wagon, been doing that since 2005 and never had a mechanical problem.

Video of Clearing one end - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On original topic, I do drive a bit slow, but nothing like 35 in a 55. Ill go 50-55 in a 55 daytime (60 in a 55 got me an $80 ticket once). Nighttime Ill go 45 a lot, most of Michigans beat up bleached out roads are hard to see at night, lines only last about a year.

Full service stations are basically nonexistent here. I know of one in Petoskey, none others anywhere. Kinda nice when its -20F with a much lower windchill, but its out of my way so I almost never go there.

Its all the same thing here, it just never let up in the first place. They still drive aggressive as ever. Ive just noticed the volume of local traffic skyrocket as gas prices went down.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver