View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
The plastic bag was inflating it's self, so I wound up taking it off, it seemed to work much more quietly without the flapping bag...
The exposed cardboard wound up rained on a couple times, it actually held up ok. I would say about two more rainy days and it would have fallen off... but it survived two rainy days. Using the rain and my dirty car to my advantage, I drove a few miles and pulled off to check out the flow around the cardboard and around the other mirror (without any mods). The flow around the cardboard looked flawless, but when looking at the other mirror, it looked like the tip should be lowered about 1 or 1 1/2 inches, so I took that into account for future builds.
Before the cardboard was lost to rain, I got some campaign signs (by asking a few candidates and waiting until the day after elections to collect them), and have since built the drivers side out of coroplast, with only white exposed. It sure gets lots of attention for being so small... I will have to post some new pictures once I get both of them in place. I have been told I should build a big nose cone (by fellow co-workers)... I think they were just joking, but it could happen after installing an undertray (coroplast permitting).