View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sean T.
EcoMod Wannabe

Taurusaurus Rex - '97 Ford Taurus GL (Sedan)
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Blue Wagon - '00 Ford Taurus Wagon SE Comfort
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
4th brake light and Rear fog light.

I figured this would come in handy, especially in those blizzard-style conditions (that officially started yesterday at 2:30 here)...

I ordered it off of eBay for 8 bucks shipped. It has a dim and bright mode, and I hooked up the bright mode for thee fog light. It turned out to be much brighter than my brake lights... so I decided to hook up the dim mode into my brake lights for a 4th brake light. The way I see it, why NOT have an extra brake light if the wires are already there?!?!?!?

The only downside was finding a way to mount it. I ended up drilling right through the light and putting two bolts through it. The light was meant to fit into an oval shaped hole with the included grommet, but I really didn't want a huge hole in my bumper. All I had to do was drill holes to move the license plate over and mount the fog light next to it. It is a really clean install, and I think it looks great. It's definitely one of my favorite things I've done to Rex.

I ran a wire to the bumper for my aux. reverse lights, but never got them hooked up, so next summer I will just end up running a new wire for those. A bonus was that I already had a flip-switch installed on the dashboard for my reverse lights, so now it powers the rear fog light.

I'll be getting daytime pictures tomorrow if I can remember.

Also, I will send a special PRIZE!!! to whoever can tell me what the song playing is. The only one who isn't allowed to guess is Oval_Overload, since I think he has a bit of an advantage, and besides I already sent him a duplicate of what the gift will be.

Please post your song guesses here, along with a comment on what you think about my mod, to keep the posts on topic.