View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
BetsyBio -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyBio View Post
Yeah sounded Like a bunch of hooey to me also...I will have to see what happens with SVO boy on the other thread to make my desicion since he has nothing to gain from it but fuel mileage

I ahve never heard of the Halo plug but its probably a similar technology.
Oh yeah, the Halo ... here it is :

http://www.lsgbrisk.com/products/faq.aspx
Quote:
How does the Halo Spark Plug work?

The Halo features a patented “Halo Ring” ground electrode, with cutting-edge 360° Firing Technology that delivers superior burn characteristics for improved combustion and optimum use of available fuel energy. Unlike standard spark plugs that generate a spark at basically the same location each time, the Halo generates rotating sparks that fire in a 360° pattern around the circular electrode. This advanced firing system has several advantages including: quicker initiation of the combustion process, reduced fouling and misfires, and reduced electrode wear for a longer performance life. In addition, the open ring design of the ground electrode plays a major role in helping to improve combustion efficiency. Since the flame kernel is not blocked by the ground electrode as in other spark plugs, it can travel freely through the ring into the combustion chamber, igniting the air/fuel mixture up to 30% faster than conventional plugs. This results in a more complete combustion and less wasted fuel coming out of the tailpipe.
On the website I input my car, and it was $8 per plug. At least this is less than the Pulse Plug or a Denso Iridium plug.

From what I remember, the Halo plug is not being sold by the original manufacturer. LSG Brisk is a new distributor.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society