View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
reminds me of when a volvo kissed my kadett on the nose

is there any real structural damage or is it just bodywork an the radiator support? my main concerne would be that the structure that supports the fender and the front suspension are hit... wich might mess with your wheel alignment and could cause you to loose a few mpg's... if the holes for the new fender don't line up with thee original ones that might be the case

btw if the damage to the radiator support is not to great you might be able to just bend it back into place without getting a new piece.... of course at the bodyshop they might have a hydrolic tool for that, but the radiator frame is not that sturdy you wouldn't be able to do it with a big lever.

if things aren't perfecly where they where the lights won't perfecly align with the fender and bumper but with a little work you could get things to an acceptable level again. than again if you're going to have the windshield fixed you might just as well have the rest done by a pro as well

all in all it doesn't look that bad really although i can imagine someones pretty mad at a dead dear right now.

these guys where also going pretty fast: plane hits cow

*i can coast for miles and miles and miles*