View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
dichotomous
EcoModding Apprentice

CivySi - '03 honda civic SI
90 day: 31.99 mpg (US)
fellow hatcher here. My best was 38mpg driving 40mph and coasting everywhere, but I hadent tried higher pressure in the tires or EOC or anything. though I was lowered and that helped.
right now I am no longer lowered, I have wider and taller and heavier tires at lower pressures, and a raceheader and I am getting about the EPA milage on it. but I havent been driving it nicely or slowly. so my snowtires will be smaller and lighter and higher pressure, I'll adjust the wing to flatter or middle (doubt it will do much), try to drive 55 on the interstate w/o cruise, drive low RPMS with low throttle so no lugging, and maybe set my intake up to suck hot air instead of cold, and I'll see from there.

as far as premium VS regular gas, its been shown without mods or computer changes to not do anything, though with mods and computer changes can be significant (the VTC changes dynamic compression and the ignition is also changable, so is the changover from 12valve to 16valve I belive)

best thing to do for milage is swap the tranny to an RSX-S or add the TSX 5th gear as a 6th on ours, drops highway RPM significantly.