View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
dichotomous
EcoModding Apprentice

CivySi - '03 honda civic SI
90 day: 31.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Hamorhead - the OEM hatch "spoiler" I've seen on those cars are pretty much roof line extensions. They probably help a small amount.

Hi dichotomous, a profile pic in the lowest position would really help.
well, it wouldnt, cause the leading edge of the wing is below the sides, so you will only see sides and wing trailing edge ever. I'll have to take it from a bit above. its very smooth in the steepest setting.

::edit:: I just went out in the freezing weather to try to swap angles, and one of the front bolts that hold the wing on is stripped, but I did get to see that the wing would only flatten from the front, basically the rear pivot point (you can see it in the under photo) doesnt change much, but the front goes up a good inch. the front is currently at its lowest setting. I am thinking of "fabbing up" a couple thin 3 hole triangles or even just some 2 hole spacers to drop the rear of the wing for gas milage, since I really dont drive that fast MOST of the time, and it would be pretty easy to switch if I wanted the downforce again. or I might flip the wing over and see if that affects anything.

I'm pretty sure my low gearing and race piped (stock internal though) engine are hurting me more than my wing could ever give back though

Last edited by dichotomous; 11-19-2008 at 01:19 PM..