View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
shanksyamaha
EcoModding Lurker

Super Sipper II - '93 Geo Metro XFI
90 day: 44.8 mpg (US)

Super Sipper - '95 Geo Metro lsi
Hello from NY, new to the forum

Hi, Im new to the forum but have been lurking around for a while. My names Nick im an RN from upstate NY. I currently own a 93 metro xfi that I have just gotten up and running. I have owned a total of 17 metros over the years. Some I fixed up and sold, some I just bought and sold, some I drove for a period. I live in a small remote town in the adirondacks and we need to drive atleast 40 miles to the first traffic light so I quickly found the value in a geo metro. Over the last 3 years my wife has driven 90 miles a day to work and I was going to school and drove 85 miles a day. We worked opposite shifts so we drove the same geo metro every day, racking up around 900 miles/week. With 192,800 miles on it that metro finally bit the dust last week when (yup you guesed it) the frame broke in the front and the half shaft pulled out of the tranny. Motor runs like the day it was new, perfect!!

I have been looking for an xfi for years but have never found one close enough to get. I finally picked one up for $1200 and am just finishing up fixing it all up. That car will replace the old metro as soon as possible. Now I work in town so only my wife is driving but its still 100 miles/ day 6 days a week so the xfi will really help us save some money.

I also currently own a 91 metro convertible that I bought off the original owner with only 85k miles on it. Its completely rust free and has never seen snow. She said it had only been driven in the rain a hand full of times. It has a couple small dents on one front fender and one rear fender. Only thing I dont like is it is an automatic tranny. It shifts perfect but I just dont want an automatic so that one is going on ebay this spring.

look forward to getting to know everyone....