View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #183 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Roflwaffle,
Again continued from the bottom up.

The next point was already addressed but let me say this. The U.S. is full of white people, black people, Indians, Chinese, and yes Arabs meaning they are everywhere there, nothing more intended.
Esta bien.
Quote:
Yes there are underwater cables, but they don’t work everywhere. I’m not getting into this buried cable debate, its so far down the rabbit hole.
I agree, it's about as likely as terrorist attacking out electricity T&D. They might as well bomb an empty parking lot.
Quote:
Next point was pretty well covered earlier, the Midwest all falls in the same time zone, and it is possible that a large weather system can effect half of the country at a time, its not common but its not impossible either, you have to prepare for all possibilities. Anybody who has ever done a physics experiment knows that you add your measurement errors together, you hope they all cancel each other out but Murphy's law states that they can all work against you at the same time, so you have to add them all up.
Murphy's law isn't exactly scientific. What you need to show is that there are lulls in all the suitable/available baseload generating capacity that could not be met by intermittent generation. You can't just say they can happen because bad things happen, you need to show they have happened. According to that logic we might as well give up now, because black holes exist, and according to Murphy's law...