View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Aerohead : I believe you posted these pictures a while back. What car is this and what was it's Cd ?
While not a mass produced car, I still find it interesting. Also one more question for you : What was the Cd of the Oldsmobile Aerotech in both Longtail and shorttail versions ?

I think basjoos actually posted these.They are in Baron von Fachzenfeld's "Aerodynamiks des Kraftfarzeugs" published around 1952.I believe this car is a Maybach,but it seems that all German companies had purchased licenses from Paul Jaray's Streamline Car Company.Off the top of my head I don't have numbers for this car but I'll check.Perhaps basjoos has 'em.--------------- One thing to bear in mind is that a lot of these numbers are considered dubious by modern aerodynamicists.Hucho makes big mention of this in his book.For instance,Kamm's K-car which scored Cd 0.24 in model form and with coastdowns( I think on the BMW chassis) actually had Cd 0.37 when tested at Volkswagen's modern facility.-------------So these early numbers need to be viewed in this light.---------------- By the way,if your looking for a modern-day K-car,it would be the Toyota Highlander 2WD.