View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #253 (permalink)
mfor4x4
EcoModding Lurker

Hey I really like these posts. I used to have a 1994 GEO Metro when I was going to tech school and loved it for the fuel mileage. I unfortunately hit a deer with it and it went to auto graveyard in the sky.

I am buying a 1998 Metro, so am quite pumped. I commute 84 kilometers per day on average on the highway so am looking forward to saving some big $$$ on fuel.

I really like seeing the progress pictures johnny! I am thinking of making many of the same mods to my future Metro also. I am lucky in that I work at an Auto Salvage yard so am able to source out my parts very cheeply from other salvage yards.

I curious why you haven't put on the rear wheel opening covers, from all the posts I have seen about this mod is that it improved FE by 5%. I am curious if anyone has played around with a rear bumper diffuser, I know that these are used to increase downforce on racecars but wouldn't it also increase aerodynamic flow under the rear of the car?

I am also curious if anyone has tried making a sonically tuned header for a 1.0L engine, or just a normal header for that matter?