View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomous View Post
right but to build it out of anything even semi permanent is going to cost more than that...

though, 6% is a good number, and nickle and diming works both ways so it could help to lead up to an impressive deal. but wouldnt a small roofline extension and short side extensions give almost all the same benefit? (I felt I should actually add something productive instead of whining about a giant kamma) cause thats something that would more likely be put on more vans an such, a few short little extensions could look cool even
Since $50 is nothing, please paypal $50 to my eMail address (trebuchet03 at gmail dot. com)

That said, a few short extensions likely will have nowhere near the same magnitude of effect. Over a 10 year lifespan, $50/year is $500.... And if you get another minvan, odds are that if you built it in the first place, you can adapt it to the new one

Kidding aside

Car Talk

Going from 100 to 200mpg isn't as effective as going from 10 to 11mpg This is why I think we should be using gallons per 100 mile rather than mpg. It's much easier to see the difficulty in sipping less fuel when the asymptote is 0 and not some unknown mpg number

21.5mpg = 4.65 g/100mi
23mpg = 4.34 g/100mi

100mpg = 1.00g/100mi