View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
whatjigg
EcoModding Lurker

Hi KJSatz and thanks for the pointers & tips. I have been doing most of what you've said above and some to an even higher degree. My shift point is now 2400-2500RPM, no higher and on the highways I don't go any higher than 87km/h = 54mph.

Now what I am very interested in learning more about is this 'fuel efficiency mode' you mentioned and that i've seen here/there around forums. And as per my vehicle, yes the 08's were tweaked in Canada to meet the ecoauto gov't rebate program. For my car this meant some further engine tuning to do with gear ratio's i think and maybe some other minor changes, a lip spoiler (yes I agree, it's so small yet add's so much to the look of the car), and some undercar improvements to aid aerodynamics. And no, I bought the LX model with the alloy rims & power everything (DX-G model and hybrid have the flat wheel covers).

Now if i compare my fuel economy to yours, I'm about 2mpg above your highway FE.

Any ideas w/ respect to resetting the ECU? I've read posts saying it does a lot and others saying it does nothing but won't harm anything.