View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
whatjigg
EcoModding Lurker

it's called 'lean burn' mode elsewhere quite a bit, but nowhere is it consistently given a name

I probably will end up buying a scangauge2, just to see and get the instant responses as driving habits are adjusted. If it proves fairly useless to me or I don't get too much more out of it I'll just return it. And i am very interested in being able to monitor this 'MAP' setting on such a device. How does that work?

The US version's price was quite a bit better, and I did in fact find a dealer in Washington who was willing to hand out sick deals to Canadians along with some weird work-around for warranty. However, it really wasn't worth it for the civic as it would in fact cost more to import, only really the higher end accord's or more expensive vehicles were worthwhile. Either way I'm very happy with the civic, wonderfully little car! Btw, best product for cleaning interior is "303 Aerospace Protectant". Doesn't turn the interior into ultra shiny dash w/ greasy feel. It cleans and protects, leaves interior looking/feeling like brand new car. People constantly tell me they think the car's brand new. (nighthawk black pearl paint)

As per US/Euro mpg estimates, they really just confuse me. I never know which one companies/people are using. L/100km is simpler for me.

Christ - i don't really understand/know what you're trying to say or recommend, do you think you could maybe rephrase this in layman's terms? Are you saying that there's a potential way I could force the car semi-permeneantly into this 'lean burn' mode or have i totally misinterpretted everything?

Oh and anyone have any ideas/opinions with respect to resetting the ECU?

Last edited by whatjigg; 11-21-2008 at 11:08 PM..