View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
shanksyamaha
EcoModding Lurker

Super Sipper II - '93 Geo Metro XFI
90 day: 44.8 mpg (US)

Super Sipper - '95 Geo Metro lsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
You should take the engine from the metro that broke and throw it in that xfi - that will fix the automatic tranny issue. At the very least you shluld check this out too: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ving-5571.html
The xfi has the standard tranny allready, I considered putting the engine and tranny from the broken metro in the convertible to get rid of the auto but the convertibel has 85k on it and the broke metro has 192k, I hate to replace an engine with one that has more than twice the miles on it. so I thought about just swapping trannys but decided to sell the broken metro for what I could get out of it and then this spring I will sell the convertible too. I really dont need it since I have the xfi now and my wife is the only one driving long distance. I now work less than 2 miles from my house, I ride my sled in the winter and my yamaha rhino in the summer, in between I drive my ultimate gas guzzler, 93 dodge ram 3/4 ton with a 360 v8 sporting approximately 11mpg (thats 5 trips to work for one gallon of gas)...