View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
How do we educate our own ...

This is my rant regarding ecomodding, I say rant because many of my friends, coworkers, etc, think I'm a leppar because I drive slow. And say anyone can get better mileage if they slow down ??? THAT"S MY POINT !!!

-Yet the general masses want to drive at autobaun speed, then wait at a bank teller idling, to get money to wait at the Mcdonalds drive through, only to red light race home and still get 40+mpg.

I see it here all the time, people would rather build ginormous kamms, change their wheels, gut their interiors and block their grilles before slowing down, it simply makes no sense.

I wish we could make it manditory to have fuel logs on this site. The first being the tank you filled just after finding us, then subsequent tanks showing progress my slowing down and proper tire inflation. Then add some driving techniques. Now when you see this graph plateau it's time to start modding your car, as these mods do not represent major improvements in FE rather than refinements to help you achieve a specific goal.

Like dieting, the food you eat will not make you drop weight, its your COMMITMENT to changing your eating habits and excersize that will show the greatest improvements.

Why are we so stubborn to change? Feel better, now knock me off my soapbox ...

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???