View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #119 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I've had relatively good luck with the Bond-o resin that you can get at Wal-Mart, but I'm not building large panels or stuff like that... I've used it for speaker boxes and replicating small plastic parts for cars that are hard to find (84-87 CRX parts, etc.)
Yeah, the bondo stuff is what's at the hardware store When you use the good stuff, you know just how terrible it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I usually apply grease to the original part (or Stoner brand mould release), apply something like greatstuff over it, wait for it to fully cure, remove it from the original piece, and smooth out the inside, changing any features that need to be changed/altered/fixed.
I've got PartAll wax and PVA for mold release My experience with great stuff has been less than great :/

If you're resume is what you've made in the past... Here's part of mine
UCF Human Powered Vehicle Team

As far as where I get my stuff from (resins, et. al.) Fiberglass , Epoxy , Composites, Carbon Fiber - U.S. Composites, Inc. I've had no complaints from them since we started