View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
guudasitgets
EcoModding Apprentice

Fokus - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 32.04 mpg (US)

Lecksus - '03 Lexus RX300
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Benzzzzz - '11 Mercedes Benz ML-350 4-Matic
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
how are cat-back manufacturers and tuners alike showing off dyno runs
I cut and pasted the reason. Selling these to people that beleive them. They are in the business to sell things remmember. I'm sure Honda would love to up the MPG on the base civic, I don't see any test the factory did on there road cars with a big pipe on it. They could still make it quite with a larger diameter exhaust. For road use for the average driver the gains are minimal. Christ I know your only 23 and a lot of younger car guys fall victim to marketing and can get caught up in advertizing, ending up with spending all your money on something that "sounds" really cool but in the long run little or no real gain. Sure it will produce more power, at top RPM, with a muffler in the system and it would show up on a track too. But in a daily commute a larger exhaust it won't make that much diffrence. Get some pics of that prodject and lets see what you have, maybe theres something we can help you with on it.
"The Stone Age did not come to an end because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will not come to an end because we have a lack of oil" ; His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Saudi Arabia Oil Minister from 1962 to 1986)

https://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-...ehicleid=10608