View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sean T.
EcoMod Wannabe

Taurusaurus Rex - '97 Ford Taurus GL (Sedan)
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Blue Wagon - '00 Ford Taurus Wagon SE Comfort
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
I need a toaster! Help me find the one I need?

I need to enlist everyone I can think of to help to find a toaster for a Christmas gift...

I have a friend who has gone off to college and I want to get her a new toaster for the holidays... the only thing is that her dorm hall doesn't allow exposed heating coils (a piece of paper or something could fall in and catch fire if they are still hot)...

Does anybody know where I can buy a toaster that has concealed heating? I know they exist... the inside looks kind of like a box or pocket with smooth, flat sides instead of all the wires and coils.

If ANYBODY knows of a store that carries these, that would be awesome. I would rather not have to order it online, but if I must then oh well. I would also like to keep the cost under 30 dollars... but seeing as I can't find one anywhere... I might need to pay more.

EDIT-----
Regarding toaster ovens...
That's what everyone says, but those won't work either because you can still reach in and touch the heating element. They have some crazy policy at the college. I really don;t understand it.

Last edited by Sean T.; 11-27-2008 at 01:09 AM..