View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
plym49
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2man View Post
Why didn't I think of that?!

My Cav has the 2.2L I4 OHV. They say it has the same lobe profiles as the SBC, so anyone who grinds SBC cams could regrind my cam. But since they can only remove material from the existing lobes, I have question how much of a difference they could make from the stock lobes. As you said, cam swaps take a lot of time and money, and I'm not sure I want to put that effort into a project with unknown results.

Advancing my cam will still take a lot of labor; Probably half that of a full swap. But the cost will be minimal, and I know it will move give the FE tuning I'm seeking. Moving the power band into a lower rpm range (via the cam advance) and going with higher gearing will probably be the best thing I can to with this engine/trannie combo.

But enough about my car. I can't wait to see the results if you do the rocker swap. Make sure you get us some good before/after numbers. With tables, and charts, and grapshs!

I don't know your engine. But GM likes to not reinvent the wheel. Are you sure that you don't have the same stamped steel rockers as on a SBC?

If so I can buy a set of 16 1.3 rockers and sell you four.