View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #125 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
The car had a blunt nose when it still had it's stock bumper and that stock bumper was a great collector of smashed bugs. I got a noticable drop in aero drag and a 2/3 reduction in the size of the A pillar vortex when I added the rounded nosepiece to the front. And the bugs and birds (and deer) get lifted up and go right over the top of the car rather than getting plastered on the blunt nose. Its still amazing when I see a bird cross low in front of me through what used to be the kill zone (feathers in the grill) and it gets picked up and carried over the car by the airflow. My car still has a blunt nose, its just much smaller than it was before. The tip of the nosepiece is a 6" diameter half circle. The nosepiece also gave me a place to mount my adjustable radiator inlet.

Thanks to the smooth underpaneling and inner side skirts, the airflow path under my car is fairly clean. But I don't want to redirect any additional air under the car so it doesn't get compressed as it passes under the car.

Last edited by basjoos; 12-01-2008 at 10:41 AM..