View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #133 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Bassjoos, what do you think ? Where would you mount them so that they work, but don't ruin the aero ?

I also wanted to ask how that you have the side skirts rigged for driving over objects like speed bumps. Are they all made of the Coroplast, or are some parts made of flexible rubber ?

* i mounted them within the grille because the air there would be 'dirty' anyways, yet it would not totally block the sound since there would be plenty of airflow to activate it. ( Or so I thought )
I'd mount them in front of the grill opening so that they are in the airflow that is entering the grill.

My side skirts are made of coroplast and can flex out of the way when they encounter an obstacle. Like cardboard, coroplast can crease easily along its grain, so I have the grain running the length of the side skirt so the skirts can flip to either side when hitting obstacles. I made it by using a heat gun to make a 90 degree bend so that in cross section, the side skirt looks like an "L" with one leg of the L attached to the bottom of the car and the other leg sticking straight down.

Last edited by basjoos; 12-04-2008 at 08:10 AM..