View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
dichotomous
EcoModding Apprentice

CivySi - '03 honda civic SI
90 day: 31.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Bat View Post
My whole thing with modding my car is to not use really cheap looking thing and not degrade the looks of the car. I'm trying to make a compromise of looks and performance additions. I'm working on the front right now with a plexiglass front to to increase aerodynamics and do the whole grill block and what not. It will also be easily removeable with a few wing nuts. Duct tape and that chloroplast plastic stuff doesn't seam that durable.
I'm very interested in what you come up with, the wife's jetta3 is bugging her with fuel consumption, so I will likely be starting to mod it. this is DEFINATELY a subject (aesthetics and well builtness, non-duct tape special) that you and I will agree with, or, well, you and her. I mentioned grill block and she thought it would be hideous, so I'll have to come up with some pretty nice looking peices if they make it on the car for normal us.
now MY car is another story, testing with duct tape and coroplast or using them in reasonable locations is just fine with me, as long as it works