View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #143 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clev View Post
Okay, this may sound crazy, but how about a VX engine in an Accord? My '90 Accord's F22A4 so far has 288,000 trouble-free miles on it, but it'll have to be replaced eventually. Would a VX engine be too small?
While your car would be exceptionally slower at acceleration, etc... Yes, it will fit.

Problem - Custom axles may be necessary, some research will net you better information on that.

Custom engine mounts will need to be made.. D-series engines never came in accords. A,B^1,F,J are the engine variants used in Accords to date.

The engines are of comparable lateral dimensions, but the F is taller than the D substantially.

All that said, it wouldn't likely be TOO overly complicated, even for a newb to engine swapping. The custom mounts would be the hardest part, and you'd be better off doing that work yourself than trying to get someone else to do it for you, unless it's an individual.. contacting HaSport or Place Racing will net you next to no results... if not a few laughs.

If you need help with how to make mounts, (it's not hard to measure/build them correctly) PM me, I'll get you some resources.