View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
sevenspeed
EcoModding Lurker

Yeah, I was going to at least remove the passanger side. Need to find some plastic or something to block off the holes. But from what driving and observing I did in the dark looks like the driver side might go as well, I'll try it out some more in the daytime. I got the 5 panel glass mirror btw, didn't read the details that it was 3 feet long but the view is awesome. The lanechanger plus looks like a very good compromise bewteen function and form. Looks to give good enough angle of view but can't beet the size of the wink.

It's not as bad as I was thinking, a friend had the idea of taking the dome light off, cutting the wires and tying a string to them, then pulling them back down by the dash to fix the bad spot. A hassle but not complicated.

I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in the roof either (mainly the foam/vinyl,) but it was a compromise. Custom brackets would work too, the visors won't be functional anymore anyway. Impatience and lack of supplies I guess. The car isn't perfect anyway, original owner needed more then mirrors.... Looks fine from a distance but dented in various spots, fixed the major ones, like where they must have run under a small trailer? (2 rectangle dents or impressions on the front of the hood.)

There is the glass mount option it seems for $10 per side though maybe ebay would be cheaper?

Thanks for the "heads up on the scalping", would never have thought of that. Guess I'll just have to duck or wear a bicycle helmet. Hehe, I'll wait till it's super aeromodded and then wear one with one of those sauna suits too. Or maybe find some plastic bolts so those might break off instead?