View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #135 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hi,

After my first commete with the smooth wheel covers on, I gotta' say that my seat o' the pants impression is they are helping a lot! Coasting was better, and the feel of the throttle was better, too. I was able to go faster with similar throttle, and my FE only went up. I got ~240 miles on the first half tank which is in line with higher FE than I have been getting lately.

Of course, some of the change could be the 4 Michelin X-Ice full snows inflated to 40psi (their sidewall max is 51psi, which is surprising). I've had these tires for 2 winters already, and they used to make more noise and not roll as well as they do now. And they never were as good as my all-seasons.

We'll see how the numbers work out, but it looks like I'll be selling the alloy rims and mounting my Yokohama's on the steel rims in the spring...
I was filling the T-100 in Alamogordo,New Mexico when a family pulled in with a car like yours.The driver/father was very curious about my truck and I don't believe I've ever heard the word "crazy" used so many times in such a short period.I told him about ecomodder.He said they were getting around 36-mpg.It would have been poetic if you'd pulled up about then,and they could have seen what you've done and the difference its made.Crazy!!!!!--------------- The Scion looks great! And great numbers to go with it.---------- I'm already noticing falling mpg due to oncoming winter temps,so don't be frustrated if things get squirrely between now and next spring.-------- Really like what your doing,look forward to your future posts,Phil.