View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
gto78
EcoModding Lurker

I'm not out to debate whether using this filter is better or worse, I've been reading all the oil sample analysis results on BITOG for a year now. I'm trying to find a list of companies besides K&N who make them for my application. I hate the K&N, even though installing it increased my miles per gallon on my 350Z by 1-2 mpg overall.

The rubber seals are pretty important too, I had a small piece of TREE BARK that got past the rubber seal on the K&N filter on my 350Z. It wedged itself onto the MAF and stalled the car while I was accelerating onto the turnpike. Even though the car was plastered with tree bark so badly that the lugnut holes on the wheels were packed solid, it's still no excuse to get past that rubber seal. We had a tornado that ripped the hangar doors off our building, and totalled 16 airplanes on the airport, and moved my car halfway into the next parking space- then when I drove home the car dies and I find tree bark stuck in the MAF...... I reallly really hate the K&N now.