View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Peter B
EcoModding Lurker

Change of plans for me: just bought a 400 watt screw-in block heater for my '90 Acura Integra (haven't installed it yet). This unit screws into the engine block drain plug. I have to admit I feel somewhat foolish about this whole thing; I knew the 1.8 litre honda motor in my car had a block drain plug on the front somewhere near the exhaust manifold. I looked for this thing several times, and couldn't see it at all. I assumed it was up under the exhaust manifold and not easily accessible... Dumb assumption.

My motor had so much greasy gunk and dirt on the side of the crankcase I couldn't see the darn drain plug. But I found it. And it's totally out in the open. Installing the screw-in block heater will be a piece of cake. That Kat's external tank heater that I bought is going right on eBay. The way honda set up the hoses on my car, installing that unit would be hell's own delight.

BTW, here in Minneapolis, it's about 8 degrees fahrenheit, with a projected low of 0 tonight. So I need to get that heater installed as soon as possible.