View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

TN did a few things that were clever and somehwat obnoxious.

My aforementioned light citation is the perfect example. I have aux lights right beside my front headlights. My low-beam on the left side was out but everything else weas funcioning and on and I would have gotten a ticket if I had not had the bulb replacements and an autozone receipt that said I had just come from there. The law is( I asked at the courthouse) all exterior OEM lights on your car have to be functioning. So if you have an LED brake light mounted on the trunk/roof(in my case) and its dead you can get a ticket.

Mirrors. Just one. Been driving for months without either. Someone broke one of mine in a parking lot and I took it off to avoid it breaking on the highway. To avoid asymetry I took the other off in anticipation of cheaper aftermarket parts(which have not happened over the last year).

Also, if there is any form of emergency vehicle on the shoulder you HAVE to get over. PERIOD. One of my friends, my father and myself have gotten tickets over the months since that law has passed. The judge nor the officer care if there was a solid stream of tractor trailers, you have to get over. You might get lucky and get away with it, but pretty much every time I've seen it happen the officer pulls them over even if it means dropping someone else's speeding ticket. I pull off to the side if I have to and wait to merge. 150$ is alot to pay.