View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
Lazarus
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
I forgot to mention that I put 5 gallons of E-85 in my (non-flex-fuel) S10 yesterday.

Now don't you all instantly reply telling me how stupid that was! I have done my reading and talked to people who have converted to E-85

I felt very naughty doing it - like removing the tag on a mattress that says "DO NOT REMOVE"

The E-85 pump is absolutely COVERED with warnings not to use it on anything but the official flex-fuel vehicles. Seems more like the fuel company covering their @$$ in terms of liability if anything did happen!

Well, it's a start. That's my first use of at least partly non-gasoline long-distance fuel. It's not my long-term plan, but at least I'm doing something!

I've been running mixtures up to E50 for couple of years in non FFV. No problems. Frank Lee also has a lot of experience running high mixtures of E85 in his non FFV without problems. He even lives up there in the cold country.

I personally think it's much to do about nothing if you're running in a car that was manufactured after 1988.

Here's another thread on it.

I found this to be pretty accurate.