Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
RetroBird
EcoModding Lurker

Sarah - '05 Ford Thunderbird
Tanks!

Thanks folks. Been searching the forums for info about anything that might be groovy. Like I used to want to put Borla exhaust on my T-bird. Mostly for the sound but was really interested that it seems to increase both driving and FE performance. Seems valid from what I read here. OTOH those thinks cost more money than God himself has in his retirement fund... Still looking for info on "performance chips", but something in my gut tells me it's a gimmick. As in "buy this cheap product and you'll pretend everything is better because you won't want to admit you got suckered. Just found a thread about cross-country driving tips but it pretty much seems to say what I already knew: the longer the haul the more important focusing on safety first second and third becomes, so use cruise and drive slow. Fortunately this time I've got an extra day in each direction so I (probably) won't be tempted to "make up time" and can put some effort into observing and thereby improving my MPG situation.

Hey is there a good thread about the garage section? Like something that explains about the fuel log and trip log? According to EPA estimates, getting there (which is the first time after the driveway I'll have a computer available) will be at least 7 tanks. So will it be okay if I plug in the numbers long after the fact? Like, add at least 7 datapoints to the fuel log in one login session or will that mess with how it works? I suppose in terms of trips this'll actually be 2: there, then back. Is that how a trip log works? I mean, who decides what a trip is? Already I don't like the scangauge because it seems stuck on the idea that a trip ends if I pull over long enough to gas up and stretch my legs, and to it a day won't end until I'm there because I won't spend 9 hours without moving the vehicle.

Sorry for asking this stuff in an intro thread but I'm (obviously) new here and have to kinda get used to what goes where.