View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
i_am_socket
Ex-lurker

Skeeter - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 35.55 mpg (US)
Yet Another Guino Help Thread

Finally got my Guino installed:

Handy little spot there with the change tray I wasn't using.

And the phone box is in the glove box (for easy reach to the ECU and it's accessible without being kickable.

Anyway, aside from needing to find a better power cable to tap, I need to troubleshoot a little bit. I had the same issue as someone else with the crossover RJ-11 cable which was real simple to work out (I looked at the wires in the cable ahead of time) so I have working power when the car is on.

The ECU pinout had the 12 volt wire right, it just lied about being on "always". Its only on if the key is set to "power" and shuts off when starting the engine. At least it keeps the settings data, but I need a truly "always on" power source.

The next problem seems to be with the Injector and VSS wires. I need to get my multimeter in there to make sure I'm getting something out of them. I connected the wires reverse to the directions like the power and ground, but I'm not getting GPH data while parked and idling (I haven't driven around yet, that's next). I figured I got the wires wrong so I swapped the VSS and Injector wires, but then the Guino wouldn't turn on at all.

Has that happened to anyone else? I forget if there is a way to see raw data coming in like pulses per second or somesuch for each data line?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GuinoInstalled.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2373   Click image for larger version

Name:	PhoneboxInstalled.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	2374