View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #140 (permalink)
Sean T.
EcoMod Wannabe

Taurusaurus Rex - '97 Ford Taurus GL (Sedan)
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Blue Wagon - '00 Ford Taurus Wagon SE Comfort
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
I thought this was going to be one of those "post your computer desktop" threads, lol

I'm an 18-year old college student, currently attending Oakland University in Rochester, MI. I don't have any background in aerodynamics or anything FE-related but I am thoroughly preoccupied with cars almost all the time.

I live 3 miles from the plant that builds the Pontiac G6 and Chevy Malibu, in my hometown of Lake Orion, MI.
4 miles from the plant that builds the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra in Pontiac, MI
8 miles from Chrysler Headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI
9 miles from Volkswagen of America headquarters, also in Auburn Hills.

Obviously, I have been surrounded by cars from the very beginning. On top of the geographical advantage, both my parents have worked for Ford, in fact they met at a dealership. My dad continues as the service manager of a dealership in Southfield.

When I was a kid, all I did on car rides was stare at the cars going by and I could tell you what they were as soon as they came into my line of vision. To this day, I can still name almost every car I see on the road.

I have probably a thousand Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, and I can name almost all of them too. One thing most people wouldn't expect of me, is that I "collect" hubcaps. The last count was 109. They are boxed in the garage and I keep a photo-documentation of each one. The number fluctuates daily as I also use hubcaps as a source of income. Today I sold a guy in a Plymouth voyager a hubcap he was missing for $10.

I'm not really sure if this is what was meant by "what's your background" as I'm kind of transforming it into an about-me section.

Anyways... I'm just a teenager so I don't have a work experience in the field or anything like that to talk about, but I started driving the Taurusaurus shortly after I got my license. I was at the DMV waiting in line on my 16th birthday, ready and willing to get my picture taken for that little plastic rectangle that lets me drive my car everyday.