View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #750 (permalink)
Intrigued
Losing the MISinformation

Quad Cam - '00 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX
Last 3: 25.94 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
I still have issues with the windshield fogging up. It's not iced up, and doesn't start right away, but it doesn't take too much just plain breathing before it fogs up pretty good.
You sure that wasn't "EV Grin-itis" affecting your breathing?

Yeah, there's something about humans being made up of mostly water - and having 90-something degree breath - that'll make a windshield fog up in cold weather every time. (It's about 17F here now...) If you're not worried about range getting to work and back, I would heartily recommend taking a heating coil out of an el-cheapo room heater and installing it in a safe place somewhere along the windshield vent ductwork... or maybe one of those little heaters in the place of the heater core... or maybe I would heartily recommend finding out if Rain-X works on the INSIDE of a windshield...

...oh, I am guessing that the cold setting brings air in from the windshield wiper area, if Metros are like some other GM cars. Recirc/cold should shut that off, though... and air from the heater core area... so it should isolate the cabin the best... ???

...maybe Recirc/hot will work better, if there is any heat being generated in the engine compartment at all. Not sure where the hot air intake is on those without a book...

The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal...

Last edited by Intrigued; 12-15-2008 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: other Metro thoughts...