View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
did I ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashic View Post
I've seen you mention this before. Did you ever solve this problem on the T-100? I keep wondering when I'll be running into this issue, or if I already am affected by it. I might be slightly less prone, running a Prerunner on a 4cyl. And with the stock lift, I could certainly stand to fit taller tires.
No,I am still kinda in limbo.The last couple of times I attempted road testing,the winds were so strong,they ruined any chance of my learning anything new.The up-shot is, that if different gearing will help,then I've still got room for improvement.If it didn't help,then my Cd is even lower than what I'm guessing but mpg is suffering from gearing,and THAT means I have little improvement ahead of me.I've been able to up the mpg 37% from stock,so you should be able to do likewise.My next mod will be a full-boat-tail tadpole trailer built-up from a motorcycle rearend.Only for highway and big parking lots for turning.This should tell me if I've reached my lower limit as(disregarding the weight penalty) the Cd should be cut in two.