View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
It has a standard 4l60e gear ratios so 3rd is 1:1 and 4th is 0.7:1. It is a 2wd with a 3.73 rear end and 215/70R15 tires. I could probably swap it to whatever 5spd came in the S10 without a lot of trouble but really the way it looks on the MPGuino the speed seems to be the main factor for mileage. I need to make a speed vs mpg chart for 3rd and 4th gear, it would be interesting. Terminal velocity down a hill I test my Metro on gets me 68mph where the metro hatchback with no mods would get 75.

I will probably seal the front bumper and make a large air dam for it. The headlights might look good with lexan covers so that should be easy to do as well. I might try and make a snap in partial grille block that I can use when not towing but I will have to think up some way to make it easily removable.

The underside of it is a pretty good mess of large rough shaped areas so a belly pan would probably be the biggest aero gain on it. I need to get it on a car lift and get some ideas on how to go about it sometime soon.