View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashic View Post
So are you both saying the same thing...? That the BSFC curve doesn't actually shift, since that specifically has to do with the engine, but the entire driving system will bias itself downward on the map towards less efficient power? Or is the "load" on the BSFC curve based on the entire car (engine, gears, wheels, and all) so that the map will change since "the car" has changed?

Sorry this has gotten so far away from Kammbacks!

CobraBall: It sounds as if you're talking specifically about a "spoiler" of the kind that is placed at an angle to the airflow to create drag and force in a particular direction. I got the impression that Geebee was asking about a "Kammback" as a design that deliberately follows the ideal curve for some distance in order to avoid creating extra drag.
It is a "shift".I work with this so infrequently that I'd like to have the text in front of me so I don't mis-represent it.All of the BSFC map architecture remains constant,however the road-load horsepower curve drops away and I really need to have it in front of me (Hucho's work ) to make the best go of it.I'll shoot for tomorrow as the weather is bad an I can't work.If any lurkers have the text and can post the maps please do!