View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Honestly, that post may have come out wrong - I've only used it once, personally, and I never specifically tested it, although I did notice a MPG (not specifically miles per gallon, but more like gallons per trip) improvement in my old Jeep with it, and it SEEMED to have more power/torque as well. (1979 J20 4x4, 360CI V8, 3 speed manual)

I used the engine oil, trans oil, and rear diff oil all at the same time, like they suggest.

I'm sure part of those claims are eaten by the idea that changing all those fluids would give you a gain anyway, but it seemed to work for me. Also, none of those fluids have been changed since then, and the engine oil is still purple-ish, almost 3 years later. (It's a mountain use truck, never sees the road, but it gets BEAT ON... in fact, it's the only 8 cylinder I've redlined religiously, and it never sees 3rd, seldom sees 2nd gear, with 200k and no problems thus far.)

I'm sure their claims are probably somewhat bogus, but I can't dispute that it's a good product. You'd have to test it personally to see what I see.

3 years and oil is still good, that says something to me.