View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Ford's GT40 -- Horrible Aero

I'm lucky enough to be in the presence of GT40 almost every day. So the other day I am looking at this one head on and see that the front tires are directly in the air stream of the vehicle and by that I mean hitting the wide side of the tire with air coming off the front of the vehicle.

So I got to looking for the Cd of the GT40, which was hard enough to find, but managed to find a couple of sites that listed it at .37, .35 I saw on a third site, but that was the best I found.

Of course I am no expert, but that is horrid for what should be a flagship for american muscle cars. What were they thinking?

With no anticipated market, they could have at least made the slickest looking sportcar both in looks and through the wind. Why would they drop the ball? Otherwise, it drives like a bat out of hell, the power to weight ratio is insane ..

Anyone have details about this?

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???