View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Peakster
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenKreton View Post
So when are you selling them?
Gloria, the Ford Tempo is #1 on my list and she'll be sold when I'm in Regina next (which could be several weeks). I won't be selling the Geo until school is done because of the distances travelled between Regina and Winnipeg. Plus it's much easier hauling sculpture material with a car than by bus. I plan on making 'Farewell' videos of both cars just before they're sold.

Quote:
I just purchased my new bicycle off ebay last night! So I need to wait a week before I have it in my possession. I'll probably hold off on using it until the snow and ice melts.
Nice! What kind of bike is it? You're sure you're going to wait until the snow melts? Some people in Winnipeg have studded tires on their bikes for the winter. One guy e-mailed me from east Winnipeg and said that he always uses his bike to travel 5 miles... as long as temperatures are above -30*C .

A fair few people that e-mailed me after watching the first video suggested I buy a $1000 bike, but I think that's just crazy. I mean if I can buy a Ford Tempo for $200 (a car that can do 180km/h, has heat, and seats 5), why would I spend more money on something that's simply 2 wheels and a frame? I would have to ride a $1000 bike 6,000 kilometres before it became cheaper (per kilometre) than the Geo! Whereas I'll only have to go 450 kilometres on my $68 bike to displace the $/Km of the Geo.

...Actually, come to think of it: 450 kilometres on a bike is a lot!

Last edited by Peakster; 02-02-2008 at 09:40 PM..