View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Does anyone take their plastic grocery bags back to the store?
My Mom has been doing that ever since she noticed Kroger accepts them. But she doesn't have too many, as there are always 4-5 reusable cloth bags in her trunk.

My brother-in-law's friend ordered a printer, but it didn't work, so he called the company. They sent him a new one and didn't want the old one back. So my brother-in-law took the busted one. It didn't work because a piece of packaging styrofoam was blocking the carriage. He took it out and now has a new printer/scanner/copier.

Back to bottles: I use my bike bottles, I've been intensively using all four for 15 years now. When my Wife and I go swimming, wall climbing or play squash, we take two of them, about 1.5 liters of water total. I read an article in E magazine about bottled water and that just made me glad I drink tap. My wife says she doesn't like its taste, so for her I buy water in the largest jugs (6 liters) I can find.

Another reuse project I did was a thermos cover. It is a two layer sleeve with a hood, the inner layer is out of fleece scraps to keep in heat, the outer layer is from a rainproof coat. It cost about $10 for a tailor to do it, now the thermos is warm even when we hike in the winter In fact, it's so good that we had a second one made, and a third and fourth for our friends. Now we need more scraps.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread