View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
jim rockford
suffering from ADD

Thumbs up cleaning up xp boot + free firewall and avg links

Go to start - select run - enter "msconfig" hit ok. A new window will open. Select- selective start up... uncheck anything you don't want to run at startup. Most of these items don't show up in the start menu or when you do a ctrl-alt-del check. heres the link to the real free version of AVG they hide it very deep on their site.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Reviews and free AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition downloads at Download.com subj=dl&tag=button

Also i use Zonealarm. It is a good free firewall. click the one on the far right

ZoneAlarm by Check Point - Award winning PC Protection, Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Identity Protection, and much more.

Another good free virusware is Solo. it says it's free for only 30 days but after 30 days all that happens is the auto updates stop and you have to do manual updates. it has found boot sector viruses that avg and others never found.

Download Anti-Virus Tools - SRN Micro

finially i use OIBit advanced system care. it has lots of geat tools to clean up the registry and clean out junk not needed. another freebee. i haven't paid for any software in years.

Advanced SystemCare Free - Reviews and free Advanced SystemCare Free downloads at Download.com

i'm sure this will help. Jim - Surfing the internet since 1990