View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
The one issue that none of us has touched yet is cost of implementation. Taxing fuel is easy, and the system to manage it is already in place. Taxing mileage via transponders etc. requires investing in a whole new set of monitoring equipment, management, reliability, and potential fraud issues. My bet is that somebody in the industry that sells this technology is behind the push to put it into place.

And apparently, for those not in Oregon, this proposal is still very much on the table with our governor. It's letter time Oregonians!
Funny you mention that ... On basiccally all road in Florida I am starting to see these road posts that have cameras and sensors on them. It looks like it could read our sunpass devices and basically has been implemented without any of our knowledge or approval. My guess is, we are next in some sort of "program" to monitor our driving habits. Who knows, I may have to make an effort and stop a cop to see if they know what those big brother devices are ..

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???