Thread: damn tires
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Unforgiven
EcoModding Apprentice

Impala - '04 Chevrolet Impala base
90 day: 32.84 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGuage View Post
I just bought some tires from tire rack & took 'em to Walmart. It cost me $3.50ea to mount. I drank that much of their coffee while waiting. $5 ea to balance. I just stayed away from all the other add ons. The $2 per tire fee for disposal. I'll either do the free recycling offered here or make a swing for my grandkids. The fee for new valve stems. Mine doesn't leak, so why replace them? Fees for lifetime balancing, nix that. And a few other odds & ends, all no's. So I ended up spending $34 for mount & balance. That's about a third of what it cost for me to fill up several months ago. I still have all my hands & eyes, & the coffee was good.
Ouch, you paid a lot there. Consider that WalMart charges a straight 9.63 (if memory serves, I do know it is under 10.00 per tire) for all the service of valve stem, disposal, lifetime balancing and road hazard coverage for tires purchased thru them. Having said that, some tire shops do charge upwards of 35.00 per tire to do all the same, so you did get a better day there. I happen to be lucky and live close to Tire Rack so when I do get my new tires I will just go there and get everything done at once.