View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #66 (permalink)
Unforgiven
EcoModding Apprentice

Impala - '04 Chevrolet Impala base
90 day: 32.84 mpg (US)
Sadly the unions have put much of America into the prediciment it is in today. Unions are outdated, outmoded, and grossly out of touch. Follow the bottom line of all the woe today = GREED. Greed wants more, wants different, wants wants wants. Hopefully diesel engines will become more prevelant but I wont hold my breath on it. Hopefully hybrids become more prevelant, but I wont hold my breath on it. Hopefully the government shifts from corn ethanol to switchgrass/sawgrass ethanol, but I wont hold my breath on it. Many many things should be done, but are not getting done, simply due to greed. Power for towns and cities would be a lot cheaper and more readily available if solar and wind power generators were allowed to be built. Rolling blackouts in California, could be totally offset with the application of those same units. Americans have been duped for a long time into doing the "bigger = better" routine. Even today, there is a measure trying to be passed into Congress allowing tractor trailers to have bigger, heavier trailers with longer dimensions. Our roads cant take what we have now, and still "bigger = better". haha. Now, if we can get GM, and Ford and Mopar to make the proper vehicles, this would be a much more interesting and better place to be. Sadly, Mopar has been at the back of the pack for decades on fuel economy, and at last count (unofficial personal opinion) only had 2 hybrid choices, while GM and Ford have quite a few more. Lets see more Malibu hybrids, more smaller vehicles like the Aveo with a micro diesel and manual transmission, and tag all those 15 passenger vans with diesels instead of gasoline engines. Oh, and the new Pontiac G5, G6, offer hybrid versions or "XFI" type versions for those that actually want to save fuel.

Just a rambling opinion.