View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Question wlecome back

OK I've been away for awhile. I have been able to get to a 'puter some times. but not as often as I'd like.
I have not had a camera so please forgive the lack of pics.
Since My last post;
I finished the install on my wifes plugs.
We took a trip to Charleston, SC. to visit with relatives. ooh what fun.
We sped all the way so my eco numbers sssuuuccckkk.
However we had a good time and boosted the local economy greatly.
My In-Laws have now been married Fifty years.
I've been working on the block off inserts for the Jetta.
Not working as planned.
The foam is way too soft for any real stability.
So I have made a small indent in the front and filled the resulting hollow with a more permanent substance. Two part epoxy. (trade name - Corvette panel adhesive.)
It comes from a caulk gun tube with a spout that mixes it as you push it out. Very sticky stuff and dries hard as a brick.
That is curing now and I will work it later this week.
I have a lot of house maintenance I have to get to. Car stuff is gonna hafta wait.
I did clear off the Dodge so I can get it repaired then I can get to work on the Geo.
I priced out a re-man crank kit for the Dodge. > $200. Delivered.
SOOO off to the boneyard I go.
I found a 1994 with a reman engine in it and someone had already taken the tranny.
1 hour & 20 min. later I had the engine out and the crank with all necessities in my hot little hand. $25.
OOHH as I was leaving I took a little stroll through the Geo section and found a 1993 xfi. when i went to pull the motor i found it was locked up. that would explain the unbelievable amount of damage to the rear of this car. the rear bumper was pushed in to the spare tire area and all the panels were bent from the collision.
So I just took the cam. $10.
The engine had not been maintained well and the cam has a little scoring on one bearing surface,but, i don't think it is going to cause a problem.
my alarm just went off so i gotta get ready for work.
S.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein