View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #98 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,832

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,368
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
It works again!

I removed the 5 bad mosfets, and added a single mosfet. Now there are switches too! No more confusing unplugging and plugging. The wheel turns just fine with just one mosfet! The EVTech people feel that I need to add HARDWARE current limiting, and that could have contributed to the failure. I didn't mention that there was no current limiting at all. hehe. I'll definitely do that for the car's version, although I still think it can be done in software. Ian is still driving around with his 144v 600amp controller with software current limiting.

I'm going to look at the behavior of the mosfets with the oscilloscope later, but I have to get ready for class on monday! dang it!
kits and boards
  Reply With Quote