View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wingmn
EcoModding Lurker
 
Wingmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC
Posts: 41

93 SL2 Auto - '93 Saturn SL2
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

09 Outlook FWD - '09 Saturn Outlook XR
90 day: 21.07 mpg (US)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I think I figured out the problem. Possibly.

I'm going to share my screw up with everyone because I learned a valuable lesson, and I'm pretty sure this is the source of my problem.

The first and second time I desoldered my LCD I used a common screw driver to pry apart the boards, because I didn't desolder them correctly.

And when I did that prying I put divets in the board...

Now, I didn't know that the signal line from the atmega runs along the outside of the board so I didn't know my screw driver was going to cause any real damage besides superficial...

So, here's a picture of the damage... For anyone who doesn't know - DO NOT use a screw driver to pry apart circuit cards!

For everyone else, - please feel free to laugh

So, now I guess a fix would be to solder in jumper wires to send the signals over to bypass the damage I did... Time to study the schematics I suppose..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	2503  
__________________
  Reply With Quote